Homemade Kefir and Variations
Kefir is like yogurt with its tartness, but also has a yeasty flavor which adds an effervescence to this nutritional drink. The bacteria in kefir are a different strain of probiotics that can colonize the intestinal tract. Kefir has twice as many strains of beneficial bacteria. Most commercial kefir contains added sugar, pectin, and fillers. Ours will only contain organic milk and the many strains of kefir bacteria.
- Boosts Immunity
- Builds Bone Strength
- Potentially Fights Cancer
- Improves Allergies
- Supports Digestion and Fights IBS
- Heals Skin
- Improves Lactose Intolerance Symptoms
EACH PARTICIPANT WILL
- Make their own kefir start to take home
- Taste various flavors of second ferment kefirs
- Experiment with kefir as cheese and dressing
- Learn various ways to incorporate kefir into your foods
Join us for this hands-on class. All levels welcome.
DATE: Tuesday, April 10th, 2018
TIME: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
PLACE: Heritage Prairie Farm, 2N308 Brundige Road, Elburn, IL
COST: $35 per person (Students take home a quart of kefir starter and various samples of cheese and dressings made from Kefir. All supplies included.)
BRING TO CLASS:
An apron, cutting board and knife
PAYMENT: Registration and payment on the website, click HERE.
You can also purchase Mary’s Wholesome Living Products in the HPF Farm Store.